LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anu anil (others)     30 January 2014



Please help me in this crisis. The lady my husband was married a complete cheating.He is a canadian citizen.This girl was from punjab and married my husband only to migrate to canada. In the visa interview she failed and my husband  appealed and won. it was at this time he came to know that the marriage was convenience. Upon pressure and Q&A session she gave in and agreed the fact. She left the house on 2008 giving a letter of undertaking and it was notarised avidavid.. She was untraceable after that. My husband tried to contact her but she just vanished with her parents. We got married in 2011 nov. and my husband filed for sponsorship again with the notarised undertaking. In my interview the Visa officer said and agreed that he has no question on the bonafide of our relationship but he needs a Annulment certificate from court or a divorce pronouncement from court before our marriage. and if the divorce prnouncemennt is afterour marriage then our marriage is nul and void and we have to remarriage once again and send them both remarriage and divorce certificate with his ex wife. For this they had given us 60 days time.


Please help what route should we take as we have only 60 days time post that our file will be closed. Can we apply for annulment certificate. I'm in chennai can some one guide me with a good lawyer who can help me quickly.


Please help. my email id is aschatterjee1975@gmail.com


 1 Replies

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     31 January 2014

Dear sir,  I think your matter is something different to be written, & your marriage is not valid unless 1st divorce is taken. I would suggest to have consulted a lawyer immediately for further proceeding understanding your nature of case, kindly

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register