Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mm (student)     03 April 2015


Need advice regarding annulment of marriage. We had an arranged marriage 5 months back. Staying with my in laws. Husband works out of town and visits only on weekends. We have not consummated our marriage. Can I file for an annulment? My husband is just not interested. Please advice. 


 3 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     03 April 2015

just not interested means

you can file but on what ground you want to file because even you will be sent for medical test to know the facts if he contest your case


Instead of annulment  both of you can go far MCD. which will be better for both.

S P SRIVASTAVA (ADVOCATE)     03 April 2015

Non- consummation per se is not a ground for annulment. Non-consummation owing to impotency is the ground which is not your case as he is not interested for ---. Please see Section 12 of HMA.

You can file of MCD if he agrees too or for contested divorce on the grounds of cruelty as non-consummation amounts to cruelty but after completion of one year of marriage as no divorce can be file before one year of marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads