LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajendra (na)     14 October 2013

Annulled marriage based on impotency

Hi Experts,

Small query on Annulled Marriage based on impotency.

Marriage expenses:3lac stated in FIR

All are mentioned in FIR like above and which and all recoverable by FIL and when he will claim?
is he eligible to claim in case of annulled marriage?

Till now for i have spent 4lac nearly for this 498A case(charge sheet not yet filed)

Impotency not yet proved..but filed divorce petition on section 12A


 6 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     14 October 2013

1. 498a case is registered and till ,charge sheet is not field by the io and you have spend 4 lacs , on what pl. Clearify it. 2. Sec.12 (a) HMA is for impotence , and yet It to be proved , if impotence proved , then your marriage will become null and void , and your wife is entitled to get her shtridhan from you.

rajendra (na)     15 October 2013

is the dowry recoverabale by FIL?if yes then under which section its recoverable.

gd dy (gd dy)     16 October 2013

impotence or any other proved or not bt one has to give her stridhan on demand.

abt marriage expense, no one can recover/claim frm others thrgh law.
it is another story one give it or more thn spend under any kind of fear./pressure.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 October 2013

come with full facts.

Madhu (network engineer)     22 October 2013


very sorry for ur sad thing. but how did they confirm impotent with out any tests.

even my wife stated me as impotent and am not ready to accept it. I will prove that am not and i want to her to get punished for false statements.

rajendra (na)     23 October 2013

First of all My mother foundout that she is impotent

Later she registered 498A

After that we have challenged her to medical test in Govt hospital but she skipped test







Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register