Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ARUL INBAA (PROFESSIONAL)     28 August 2009

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

DEAR ALL,

PLZ LET ME KNOW WHETHER AN ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING CAN BE HELD BY GIVING SHORTER NOTICE( I,E ONLY ONE DAY. (I.E SIGNEBY BY AUDITREPORT, DIRECTOR REPORT, NOTICE, AGEM DATE ARE ALL ON THE SAME DATE)u/s 171 of the companies act, 1956.

Learning

6 Replies

Raghu Babu (Partner)     30 August 2009

you have to give notice as per Articles of Association. If Articles provides for shorter notice, even one day notice is sufficient.

CS Pooja (Company Secretary)     31 August 2009

I agree with Mr. Raghu

Just to add.. in case Articles of the Co. do not provide as above, then the shorter notice can be ratified by all the members entitled to vote.

CS Pooja (Company Secretary)     31 August 2009

Dear Mr. S A INBAVADIVU

Please also note that approval of Audit Report, Directors' Report, and AGM Notice will be taken first in the Board meeting, and only after the same, it will be passed to members.

ARUL INBAA (PROFESSIONAL)     31 August 2009

thanks to all. thank u very much.

ARUL INBAA (PROFESSIONAL)     01 September 2009

dear Mem, CS POOJA,

In the book,  company secretarial Practice Manual written by sri.KR.CHANDRATRE in volume Two page No:1368 under the head what is the length of Notice for calling a GM para 39.95 mentioned as '"A PUBLIC CO AND A PVT CO WHICH IS  A SUBSIDIARY OF PUBLIC CO MIUST NOT PROVIDE FOR A SHORTER PERIOD THAN 21DAYS .SUCH PROVISON WILL BE VOID AND INOPERATIVE UNDER SEC.9."" PLZ CLARIFY MEM.

J Manivannan (Advocate & Consultant)     02 September 2009

You may obtain consent letter from all members through Form-22A under sectin 171(2)  for Annual General Meeting to be conduct with Shorter Notice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More