LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     26 June 2010

andhra pradesh road tax

hi friends,

I recently shifted frm Karnataka to Andhra pradesh . i have the NOC for my bike . I would like to know how much will be the road tax that i need to pay and the consequences for not payin it.

Bike - Bajaj XCD 2007

Karnataka tax - lifetime tax paid. 

i heard we can pay the tax within a month .

Can anyone help


 2 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     26 June 2010

well better if go to RTO  agent of the concerned area he will be able to guide you.

someone (Govt employee)     08 September 2010

Hi Experience with AP RTO has been as follows:

I went to pay the road tax (lifetime validity) with the DD.

The way the RTO fleeces you is as follows:

While making the reciept, they will print the reciept *before* clicking on the Save button on their application.

Then they will use the DD for other people who have paid them.

The reciept will contain all the required details, but when going for a refund, they will say that you have never paid the tax and the reciept is false.

Kudos to the AP RTO for this process. Thought all of you should know.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register