IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KISHORE KUMAR Joshi   05 March 2023

ancestral property Will

My query is Can I make a will empowering My daughter in my property , wealth and shares she will have the full right only to sell / rent and part thereof. The Rent will be collected by her. The others my son and nephew will get the rent distributed by my daughter, my son and nephew will have the rights to stay in premises but shall have no rights for selling the property part or this property is ancestral property


 2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 March 2023

She can be appointed as "executor" in your will for taking action as desired by you for the property (ies) owned and left behind by you. 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     06 March 2023

If the property is not your owned but ancestral then you have limited liberty of distribution and administration of property- since the ancestral property always devolve upon the legitimate heirs to their respective shares. However if that is your owned property and the property is in your name with absolute title then you can make will to any extent that is you desire, even you can throw away any of your kin to get any benefits

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query