LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

devendra (article)     04 August 2014

Ancestral property share

I have an ancestral property in delhi . i have two sons both married elder living with me in my self earned house. i have disinherit my younger son (through newspaper declaration) and now my younger son wants his 1/3 share of ancestral property. he is demanding cash amount out of the value of property. can somebody guide me on these questions 

1) What documents are required now to be made so that later he cannot claim any share or money on ancestral property ?

2) Is valuer certificate necessary for this property 

3) please if anybody can assist me in preparing whole documents and legal formalties can give me their office address and phone no. preferably in delhi 

Learning

5 Replies

B.T. RAVI (LEGAL MANAGER)     04 August 2014

Family Settlement Deed can be executed in your case and you have to calculate the whole property and isolate the one share which is demanding from your younger son. And contact local lawyer for more information.

Subash M R (Advocate)     04 August 2014

1) If you want to settle your younger son's share in the ancestral property,better get a release deed from him releasing his preexisting rights and interest in the property to you solely or along with your elder son.

2)For registration purpose,it is not required,but for better assessment and sharing of property in terms of cash you can go for one for your personal convenience.

3) You please surf on internet for the same.

If you feel free pls Share & Like on this lawyer’s profile below on Facebook, Google (g+1), Twitter and Linkedin.

Thanking you, 

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 August 2014

Your case is Relinquishment of right is referred to the surrender of one’s ownership rights and claims in a property in favor of another person. It is not defined under Transfer of Property Act. but is an established practice. Relinquishment of right is not without any consideration, the consideration may be in the form of money, exchange of property or arrangement between family members. Relinquishment of right in immovable property also needs to be done only through a written document called “Deed of Relinquishment” which must be signed by all the parties, witnessed by two witnesses and must be registered.

devendra (article)     05 August 2014

Sir can i make a will in favour of my elder son's son (my grandchildren) of my self earned property so that my younger son cannot claim to my self earned property ?

B.T. RAVI (LEGAL MANAGER)     25 August 2014

A. You can make a will to anybody with regard to yourself acquired property.

B. No one has right to question about it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register