LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SUSANTA MAHAKUR   14 March 2023

Ancestral property right

I am under ST category. My father is dead.all the plot/land records in my grandfather name.Now My grandfather sell a ancestral property 6 acre out of 9 acre without our consent and the buyer (General category) also permitted by sub collector and land registration also be done. Sir, What is the civil law in this case?

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 March 2023

Whether the property stated to have been sold by your grandfather to a general catagory vendee was ancestral and allotted by governemt / authorities to ST person(s) ? 

Did any one of you raise the objection before said sale transaction ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 March 2023

The property is reported to be on your grandfather's name, then where is the question of ancestral property.

The property owner has rights to sell his properties in any manner he may desire.

Your grandather is reported to have obtained permission from collector to sell the property to general category purchaser, hence there is no legal infimity in it.

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 March 2023

How is that the property is ancestral? Moreover, it is not always the case that land belonging to ST Community cannot be sold to those belonging to other community.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register