Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajendra prasad   01 January 2023

Ancestral property definition as per indian hindu law

Dear Sir / Madam,

Please tell the exact meaning of ancestral property as per Indian Hindu law.

I will briefly explain the problem

My father's maternal grand mother (mother's mother) has made registered settlement of the property to my father's father with condition that he (my father's father) can enjoy life interest on the property and does not have any right to sell / donate the property and after his tenure the property shall go to his son (my father) and he (my father) will have all the rights. My grand father has passed away around 30 years back and the property is with my father. Now my father is around 72 years old.

My father has one son (my self) and one daughter (my elder sister)

Now my sister filed a case in the court stating that the above property is ancestral property and she is eligible for one third (one third to my father, one third to me and one third to my sister). Now the case has come to final and cross examination of my father is pending .

Kindly go through the above details and give your opinion.

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     01 January 2023

As per family settlement and law your father is absolute owner of property and nature of property is now self acquired property of your father . It is wrong to say that property is ancestral property so no question of it's partition arises.

Rajendra prasad   01 January 2023

Thak you so much sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register