LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pavan biyyala0310   24 March 2023

Ancestral Property

My Grandfather has a Property (Ancestral) who has two sons

They have shared the Property among both however Passbook is under the name of Grand father.

X is a Grand Children and willing to purchase the Property from another son and want to register the Property in his name. what to do now ??


 4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 March 2023

The sons of Grandfather partitioned the property by meat and bounds and registered, then the property partitioned is treated as self acquired and may sell the property and anyone can buy it.

Shashi Dhara   25 March 2023

If all others give consent it  is enough to purchase .let all sign  as witness in registered deed.

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     26 March 2023

Dear Querist

Share of one grandchildren in unpartitioned property in the name of grandfather can be released to another grandchildren by executing relinquishment deed or release deed (RD).

RD requires lesser stamp duty than sale deed.

Feel free to contact for further clarifications.

Mohit Chahal
District & Sessions Court, Hisar
Phone No. 9968911099



Pavan biyyala0310   26 March 2023

According to local VRI Opinion the Passbook cannot be registered in the name of other child unless upon the death of grand father as survey number falls under tribal area

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register