Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manzoor Wani   12 August 2022

Ancestral property


My Grandfather died in 2001 February Leaving no WILL. Elder brother and the younger brother of my father are occupying the house and the business premises that were owned by my grand father. We have been trying to settle the dispute amicable for all these years, but in vain. We accepted all that my 2 uncles wished to keep for themselves against compensation and everything was put in black and white but never implemented. Now we are in stress when ever we raise an issue they ignore and are not willing to compensate or hand over the portion which is due to us. My father being old is not capable to fight for all this and has almost given up. What can I do being his only son.

Please guide what are the options. 

Thank you, 

Manzoor Wani


 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 August 2022

File a partition suit in the court of law by consulting a local lawyer.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 August 2022

You may move to civil court of your area for partition thorugh a local prudent lawyer.

Manzoor Wani   14 August 2022

Thank  you  for the reply, 

Can I do it on my own if my father s not willing to file any partition suit against his brothers. Can I do it as against my uncles.?

Thank you   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register