LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay (other)     23 August 2013

Ancestral prop query

MY Grandfather had purchased a plot which was then divided among two of his sons.. My father being yelder had the katha of the entire property under his name untill he passed away last year. (this was based on the younger ones concent to take care).

Now after my fathers death we want to have our portion of the property Katha be transferred under my mothers name. FOR MY FATHER One Son and One daughter.

what is the procedure.

Should a family tree and an affidavit stating me and my sister dont have any issue in having the katha under Mothers name is sufficient?

or is there any kind of Deed that needs to be registered.. ?

please suggest.


 2 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     23 August 2013

If the property was earlier divided by oral agreement,you need to make settlement deed  regd.dividing the property and then submit it to the authority alongwith affidavit to transfer your father's portion in the name of your mother.

1 Like

sanjay (other)     26 August 2013

The Dividing among My Grandfathers Childern (my dad and borthers) happened with the registered Partition Deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register