Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ASGAR FANSOFKAR (ENGINEER)     25 November 2015

Ancestral house

Dear Experts,

I have 2 mothers,  I was born from the 2nd and adopted by first uneducated mother as all her childeren died and my father had to marry second.  After my fathers death in 1974 my second mother transfered the house tax receipt on her name without consultation of my first mother (who adopted me as her son).  We all left to Mumbai for good leaving the first mother behind who died in miserable condition of paralysis.  After that the house was not dwelled and now being my ancestral property and my father dream house, I came to stay and started maintanance of the house.  In order to have better living I applied for water connection which I got and also installed Tata Sky on Roof Top.

On this my younger brothers got irritated and lodged complaint against me in Grampanchayat for removal of same.  They also took my seciond mother's signature for filing complaints .

Will I be deprived by Grampanchayat from water connection as it is my right to have water and electricity if its available.

Please suggest

Learning

3 Replies

Shruthi (n/a)     25 November 2015

Do you have a registered adoption deed ?

If yes, then were your younger siblings also adopted by second mother ?

If no, then based on registered adoption deed you are sole owner....

If no registered adoption deed, then your second mothers property can not go to any of you ....

ASGAR FANSOFKAR (ENGINEER)     25 November 2015

My first mother all children died, so my father married second one.  I am the son of second one but adopted by first mother (without any deed),  we are all 4 children from 2nd mother,  I have elder sisiter who is married, and i am the elderst son adopted by first mother who use to take care of me and do everything for me.   I use to stay with her till I was taken to Mumbai by my real mother.  Now my question is whether my brothers can get my water connection cut with the signature of my second mother under whose name the house receipt is.?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 December 2015

In fact you have a share in the property hence you can very well live in that house. The water supply and electricity supply are basic and essential amenities which cannot be disconnected without a court order.  You may file an injunction suit against the apprehended culprits. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register