Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prasanna (self)     17 August 2009

Ancestor property

Sir,

My grandfather bought a house 50 Years back in my grandmother name. My dad spent his money to repair and  add one more floor to this house. My grandmother written a will against my dad name, later my grandmother changed the will to my name. Last month my grandmother passed away. My grandparents has 3 daughter and 1 son(my dad).  

Now my dad sisters want share in this house, my grandfather is still alive and he is living with me. Do I need to give share to them? Please reply to my queries.

Additional inforamtion:

My Dad took a loan against the house 4 years back, I repayed the entire loan. Now the house documents are with me.

Learning

7 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     17 August 2009

As per your query, the house in question belongs to your grandmother and your grandmother's has bequeathed the property to you by way of will. You need not share the property with your aunts. Approach court with the will and request for a probate which shall be granted to you.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     17 August 2009

Based on the will, you only got share. None other than you can claim.

So better arrange for execution of the same.

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     17 August 2009

I Agree with the Opinions of Lrd Friends .

If there si no Will Deed in your favour , the Claims of your aunts are Correct .

Your Grand Mother  not allowed  Your  Father &  aunts, to succeed the proerty , by executing  the Will Deed in your favour !

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     17 August 2009

Dear Prasanna

Your grandmother bequethed the property in your name which will come into effect after the demise of your grandmother and nobody and you need not share the property with anybody.  Only thing that you have to look into the Will that whether there is clause giving life interest on your grandfather by your grandmother, if not you are the only person entitled absolutely for the property mentioned in the Will. 

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     17 August 2009

Dear Prasanna

Your grandmother bequethed the property in your name which will come into effect after the demise of your grandmother and  you need not share the property with anybody.  Only thing that you have to look into the Will that whether there is clause giving life interest on your grandfather by your grandmother, if not you are the only person entitled absolutely for the property mentioned in the Will. 

prasanna (self)     18 August 2009

First Thank you very much for all your replies.

In order to execute this will i.e., to change the house in my name what is the procedure? Please could you guide me.

Y.SARATH BABU (ADVOCATE)     20 August 2009

DEAR PRASANNA,

IF YOUR AUNTS FORCEBLY DO ANY THING YOU HAVE TO FILE PROBATE BEFORE THE COURT OF LAW.  BASING ON THE WILL YOU HAVE TO APPLY FOR CHANGE THE NAME IN PROPERTY TAX IN CONCERN MUNICIPAL CORPORATION AND ASLO CHANGE THE NAME IN ELECTRICITY BILL , WATER BILLS IF TO DO SO YOU HAVE TO GET CLEAR TITLE ON THE PROPERTY.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register