LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Usha   07 April 2023

An ngo appointed as legal guardian for mentally challenged person

Sir..We are an NGO working fr the Mentally challenged man by LLC headed by District Collector.The boy has some Bank deposites and a house. None of his deposites or House were transferred to Trust..We appealed for the Bank to transfer the interest of tge Deposites to the Trust fr his maintanance. And requested Local officials many times to guide us what to do with the house property as it us under diloberated condition and misused by local people. Any Legal advise is highly appreciable in our case please..The MR man is handed over 9 months back in a very poor condition and we attended his medical needs...Please guide us sir


 3 Replies

Shakti Maan (lawyer at Supreme Court delhi 9650334626)     07 April 2023

The man can donate or by way of gift deed or by way of GPA OR SPA transfer the property on the name of the trust... 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 April 2023

What is the necessity for the deposits and house property of the mentally challenged boy to be transferred to the trust or the NGO?

If the NGO is interested in the welfare of the mentally challenged person, then they can obtain a medical certificate from the competent medical examiner to this effect, get him declared as mentally challenged and also apply for  guardianship before the District collector.

Once the District collector appoints the NGO as the guardian, then NGO can file a petition before court to pass an order to transfer rthe assets of the mentally challenged person to the name of the trust in order to take care and maintain the mentally challenged person as wel as his to meet his medical expenses.


Sreya Foundation NGO   07 June 2023

Who can do it Sir?? The wards parents died..He is mentally retarded

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register