LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

cyberlawyer (barrister)     07 May 2013

Amendment in application in suit - correct provision needed

Please help me in citing the correct provision to amend an interim application. The cause title of the interim application lacks some parties not included, by oversight. Hence these parties have to be added . I am aware of the provisions of amendment in plaint, but i would like to know if there is any special provision for effecting amendment in interim application. The application was filed u/s 151 CPC which is refuted by the opposite party on the ground of improper provision.

Thanx in advance

Learning

3 Replies

S P SRIVASTAVA (ADVOCATE)     07 May 2013

Based on my understanding  and a little knowledge, I think in CPC there is no separate provision for amendement of application.Order VI Rule 17  says for amendment of plaint or written statement which in larger context I think includes application also as it is part of pleadings. You are well aware that where there is no separate provision for any thing in such eventuality 151 applies . since your 151 application has been dismissed you may challenge the impunged order  because wrong provision mentioned is no  ground for dismissal of the application. 

An other option  I think could be to withdraw the interim application on the ground of  technical flaw in memo of parties and file afresh with the leave of the court..

Daksh (Student)     28 May 2013

Mr.Javid Nazeem,

It has to be an application under Order VI Rule XVII Read with Order 1 Rule 10 read with Section 151 Civil Procedure Code.

Thanks and best regards

Daksh 

cyberlawyer (barrister)     14 June 2013

thank u daksh and srinivastava sir...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register