Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lakshya (Owner)     14 July 2013

Am i eligible to join civil services ?

Dear Madam/Sir, 
I have been accused in a student agitation case since 2005. I was arrested along with 65 students and kept in Tihar for 5 days and then got bail. til now we have been attending court dates since 8 years.

AM I ELIGIBLE FOR SELECTION in UPSC exam?
Please let me know.
Regards
Lakshya

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 July 2013

you are eligibele to appear in exam andintereview.  You are eligible to join if acquitted on merit by the time you are selected.

Ad Amjad Ali (Advocate )     14 July 2013

Dear You should prepare your UPSC exam whole heartdly because you are eligible to appear in this exam. Face the trial case . students strikes are not serious crimes unless you involved against the law. . In case of conviction , You have chance to appeal to high . However it is better to consult  senior lawyer for your case because unneccary trails disrupt studies.  Our best wishes to you .

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 July 2013

I would by and large agree with Mr Amjad Ali.  But I feel that this is not a case of just student agitation.  It appears that he is booked under a particular section of IPC (or other law) under a specific FIR. He has to secure acquittal and not only just acquittal , he should be discharged on merits of the case (not on technical grounds) that too before any post is offered to him. Other wise he has no chance to join any Govt service on any post.

Lakshya (Owner)     21 July 2013

Dear Sir,

You are right. There are certain sections imposed against all 65 students. U/s 147/ 148/ 186/ 353/ 427/ 451/ 332/ 34 IPC & SEC. 3 PDP ACT.  
My argument is that most of them were not involved in voilent act of demonstrations. Infact, out of 65 people, maximum 45 people mark there presence on dates.  Rest of them are absconding and never attended any date. 

Since, it is almost 8 years and many persons are absconding, I (with negligible knowledge of law) feel that case may be closed in a year or two. Since, it is student agitation and many of the JNU students in past involved in demonstations are serving on higher posts of administration. 

I found an interesting case against a person Ashok Rai, where he was convicted on Rape charges and reason for girl suicide. He cleared Civil services and aquited by supreme court on grounds that "He redeemed himself". In our case none of us are still convicted and we were students not been arrested on moral charges of rape, murder or cheating. (https://expressindia.indianexpress.com/latest-news/rape-convict-who-cleared-ias-gets-sc-relief-/650907/)
DO YOU STILL BELIEVE THAT IT IS REQUIRE TO GET AQUITED ON GROUND OF MERIT ?? 
I have represented India in International Atheletic meet. 
I earn highest degree and now working with United Nations involved in many social development projects. 
IS THAT GOOD MORAL CHARACHTER IS NOT ENOUGH TO BE AQUITED OR ALLOWED TO SERVE THE NATION? 
Kindly guide me
Regards
Lakshya

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 July 2013

every day is not a friday.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register