Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourav Chatterjee (Professional)     27 February 2012

Am i a consumer?

If I have an a/c in a bank then I am a consumer in respect of that bank. what should be the relation between bank and me when I deposit an amount for income tax through challan (though I have no a/c in that bank)? If a dispute arises in case of diposit of taxes, can I file complaint before consumer forum against the bank?


 4 Replies

S C KHOSLA (Ex - Scientist `F`& Head (SPPD))     27 February 2012

Challan can be filed in any desiganted bank for that purpose irrespective of the fact whether you have an account in that bank or not. In case of dispute, bank may not deny the filling of challan in their branch, if requisite documentation as evidence is produced.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     27 February 2012

No,you are not consumer of bank, you have no account in that bank  and not  availed any services from that bank.. That bank is only collecting agent of Income Tax Department so you can not  file consumer complaint against that bank in Consume Forum. 

1 Like

Sourav Chatterjee (Professional)     27 February 2012

so, what I have to do if any dispute arises in tax payment through a nationalised bank.


I agree with the advise given by Advocate Bhartesh goyal.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register