LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Syed Nawaz Razvi   10 September 2023

Allotment parking slot in co operative housing society

I am facing Parking  issue in our co operative housing society so I have given written application to chairmen of CHS (CO OPERATIVE HOUSING SOCIETY)

To, The Chairmen, Shri **** sir,

***** Co. - Operative Housing Society,*** nagar, c***, Pune - 41**19, District:- Pune, State:- Maharashtra, Country:- INDIA

Subject: Allotment of car parking for My vehicle TATA Tigor :- MH 14 KF 60**. (copy of RC Book details are attached)

Respected ****e Sir, I am, ****i, a Resident & Owner Flat n, of **** CHS since 7 years, writing this letter to you in order to bring into your kind concern the need for car parking for me. I have only one car, and I use it every day for my work. Whereas several society members of our CHS do have multiple Cars/Vehicle are parking as per their convenience & understanding. It is very hard to get a parking space especially at night when I finish my office work, I am in need of some parking place. Respected sir, usually when you have your own home you have your own car parking space but that is not the case with me, I see Several member have been allotted stilt parking & open parking with their name & flat Number mentioned in parking space, I really want to understand & fallow parking rules & find solution to parking related issues in our society. in Therefore, I am writing this letter to you in order to request you for allotment of car parking for my vehicle number MH 14 KF ****. I shall be highly served if you could assist me at the earliest for the above-requested allotment.

Thanking you,

Syed

So below is the answer from chairman of our co operative housing society,

Dear Mr. Razvi (E-*")

The residential project ***"" *** Co-Operative Housing society Ltd. is completed before 2010

Bulider Sold Total 72 flats in this project.

58 flats Sold with reserved parking

14 flats Sold with No reserved parking.

These 14 members purchased their flats without reserved parking due to their budget constraints. So they are well prepared with mind set that they may not purchase Car in future.

Maximum 58 reserved car parkings are available in Alpine Garden Society and all parking were sold by Builder.

So today There is no free space available for extra Car Parking

You also have purchased flat E-204 without reserved Car Parking on your own decision.

Before purchasing your Car last year you approached us for space for Car Parking. That time only we suggested to you that there is no free space available for extra parking.

Later you requested to park your Car in open space, we suggested you park there at your own risk but make sure it will not be trouble to any other society member while parking and removing their car.

*Society will help you in all possible ways, to find a solution to your Car Parking issue.*

*And only 2 solutions possible today are as follows*

*1. Look for any vacant Car Parking in Society and request the parking owner to park your Car*

*2. If no one is ready then offer some Rent to use that vacant Car Parking*

*Society will help in requesting other members who Currently have their parking vacant and if they are willing to rent it out*

Please give your legal opinion on our chairman's reply and what should be best posible option for me.i am ready to adjust and co operate but i need way out with proper solution.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 September 2023

You issue a legal notice to the association for allocating a parking space exclusively for you failing which you can approach either registrar of cooperative societies or consumer forum for relief and remedy.

Syed Nawaz Razvi   10 September 2023

Thanks for your quick reply sir,

I will issue notice for sure but Will I get relief consumer forum ,, I mean  car parking slot from consumer forum even though the word parking is not mentioned in my index2, 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register