LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Strong_Courageous (Sr. Software engg)     07 November 2012

Allegations by husband and mil

My husband and MIL are blaming me for following few things to make a ground for divorce - 

- i have taken all jewellery (which is kept safe with MIL since marriage) and all my stuff and left my husbands home (I have my stuff at my husband's home and MIL home and i hope they haven't thrown things out)

- I never used to cook even two chapaties and made my husband eat stale food (where as my MIL used to force me to eat stale food during my preg , and made sure even the tea for my husband is made from fresh milk)

- i used to do aaraam whole day and my husband did all household work , and monitored the maids n all.

- i never spent a penny since our marriage and he exaggerates and expains the money spent on flowers he gave me, movies and all. (i never kept track of how i spent my money as i didnt know i have to explain this later)

and all such trivial things and few things like character as well (which is mandatory to make sure girls in india and her family shud keep their mouth shut to save their respect)

My question is how to handle such things?

Learning

5 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     07 November 2012

Allegations and counter allegations are a part of the court process and even the judge knows about this . Who so ever proves the allegations to be true the court will rule in their favour . So dont bother much and dont break your head over this as you say false allegations have been laid out against you , they have to prove the same.  

Strong_Courageous (Sr. Software engg)     07 November 2012

e.g ? How will they prove i have taken jewellery and in that case how will i prove that its sti with my MIL? once i made out from his talks when i was trying to convince him to patch up and all.. and he was doing recording ... as he was so polite that day over phone as he before marriage only .. :) and then he was asking me to speak that i have taken all jewellery (like he said speak u have taken) and similarly other blames.

Ranee....... (NA)     07 November 2012

@Author,

1.hire a seasoned advocate

2.File objection with help of your lawyer.

3.An efficient lawyer can negate that recording.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     08 November 2012

As already replied, the onus of proving the allegations lies with them. U put down ur defence, & rest assured, CONTESTED DIVORCE THEY ARE ALMOST NEVER GOING T GET!

Strong_Courageous (Sr. Software engg)     08 November 2012

thanks everyone !! 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register