LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BHANU GHARA   04 June 2021

Allegation about non submission of a badge after releasing from a court

I was a Process server in a court and the department gave a badge by putting my signature . But after 2 years of service I resigned from the job and submitted my badge which was taken by me earlier and then I asked my head of the department to give a receipt but he told that you need not to take it . Then after 1 month I got released from the court . But problem is after 2 years Head of the department died suddenly and new head of the department joined and one day he found that paper on which I put my signature to take the badge . Then he was asking me to give back the badge but I gave back the badge while resigned my job but he is refusing now as I could not show any proof. Now, what I should do if he take any legal action against me as it is the court ???? Process server , Bishnupur court was written on badge and a Ashoke chakra was drawn on it and it is made of copper.

Learning

6 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     04 June 2021

you were working in Court and know practical law too. While surrender your badge ,you have to receive the acknowledgement of receipt from where the department you submitted. it is your fault.

.you have to submit the happens by written .if you  would used the badge in public by wrong intention then it may create problem.  

But when court gave released letter they took the badge then how they can claim it after giving released letter. once a released letter is issued by name of a employee it means he has no due.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 June 2021

Before relieving you and settlement the employer must get back all those properties of the employer, if the employee fails to return any property then a note and acknowledgment from an employee have to be taken.  When this is the laid down procedure in every organization (Returning of laptops, furniture, vehicles) demanding such a badge after two years is not justified.  You can after receiving notice inform those authorities that the bade was returned on so and so date .......to so and so officer..

Thanks sir. Already I have told them that I gave Amit Kumar, was the department head who died suddenly my badge but new head of department is telling me show proof otherwise I will take lagal action against you by telling District Judge. Actually a problem was created when I submitted my resignation they didn't want to release but as I got a new job they were forced to give released letter. I think to take a revenge they are doing so unitedly. No way sir to get out from this trap.???

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 June 2021

First stop worrying and give in a simple one sentence letter the fact if they issue such a notice.  There is no value for the badge and those who use are criminals.  They may be threats and when there is no value to the property, they may at the most demand Rs.100/- as intrinsic value after deprecation in books.  Let them complain to police about loss.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 June 2021

Don't ever think that they will take revenge on you after two years of leaving the service.

If they are asking you to return the badge, you may give a representation in writing explaining the circumstances under which you returned the badge and was relieved from the job with a reliving letter.

Hence you may request the authorities to record the same and to absolve you from the liability.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register