LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi   29 April 2023

All india bar examination

I graduated in 2007-2008 from Gujarat University, but I am yet to enroll with Gujarat State Bar Council. Do I need to take the All India Bar Examination in order to practice law in Gujarat?

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 April 2023

It is not necessary, you can enroll in Gujarat Bar Association to practice in Gujarat.  You follow the procedure 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 April 2023

First you get enrolled after which you have two years time to clear the AIBE to confirm practice 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 April 2023

Bar Council of India, in compliance with the directions passed by the Hon'ble Supreme Court, has framed the Bar Examination Rules under the provisions of Section 49(i) (ah) of the Advocates Act, 1961, which enable the Bar Council of India to frame rules prescribing the conditions subject to which an advocate shall have the right to practice and the circumstances under which a person shall be deemed to practice as an advocate in a court.

The said Rules have been framed by the Bar Council after exhaustive deliberations with various stakeholders and consideration of representations made by numerous students currently pursuing a degree in law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register