Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need Justice (manager)     06 June 2013

Alimony thru mcd

Respected Members/Experts,

I have one query that if wife is ready for MCD, then apart from amount is she is laible to keep the jwelry given by us, or alomony amount will be given after considering the market value of Jwelry given by the groom family at the time of marriage.

Iam an Independent man, i dont have nay property my take home is about Rs. 22,000 (approx.) per month

at most how much alimony will be fixed if court interferes.

Kindly suggest, thnx in advance.

Regards

Learning

9 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     06 June 2013

Jwellary gifted to your wife at the time of marriage is legally her stridhan and is apart from alimony. In MCD amount of alimony is decided by the mutual understanding between the parties. However, if court has to decide the quantum then a reasonable amount is awarded after considering  the husband's own liabilities eg. loan emi , his expenses etc. Always it is better to decide the amount of alimony mutually  between the parties and do not leave it open for the interference of the court. Also in cases of MCD the court generally never interferes between the amount agreed between the parties.

(Guest)

She has to return whatever jwellery has been given by you, and you have to return any such valuables/jwellery given by her parents.

As far as permananet alimony goes, its 1/3rd of such take home income, so you better show your income not as 22k, but as what is left in hand after deducting your expenditure.

Dear Experts,

Thanx for the prompt reply,

Archana Madam & Helping Hand: After all my monthly exp. if i stay alone my in hand amount will be around 12 to 13 k per month, on that basis how much alimony will be granted as the wife family will go for higher amount as much they can.

kindly suggest

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     06 June 2013

5-7  K.

did u mean 5-7 lacs archana madam.

fighting back (exec)     06 June 2013

my friend it is Rs 5000 to 7000, how can it be in lacs, when your salary is in thousand!!!!!

Dear no pain no gain,

One tym money iam asking atmost how much amount

(Guest)

It depends on your pocket and it depends on how greedy  your wife is!

You can take help of judge in arriving at a decent figure, where you should not end up being a pauper and at the same time she should also feel satisfied.

No where you have mentioned your capabilities of arranging for a lumpsum, as to how much, without that how can anyone suggest you?

Ok Helping hand

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register