LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raajeev Sampat. (Self employed.)     26 June 2013


I am paying Rs.10,000 per month from the past few years as a voluntary maintainence to my 2 minor children regularly.Wife has filed for divorce and i have later filed for custody.Wife has claimed permanent alimony to be decided by the court in her divorce petition.She has not filed for maintainence and there is no other claim.She works for an mnc and makes about forty thousand a month.Lives with her parents in their own house.Her father is a rich businessman.I make about forty thousand a month and live with my 72 year old mother in my late fathers home.


Will she be awarded alimony and can she claim  more maintainence from me.


 6 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     26 June 2013

File the proof of her income in the court, she won't be granted any alimony as you both are earning equally.

1 Like

Raajeev Sampat. (Self employed.)     26 June 2013

I have her last years bank statements that show her credit of salary at the begining of the month of about Rs.43,000.Is the enough?

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     26 June 2013

you have to file latest salary bank statement or any slip of latest because she can say that she is not working at present and previously she used to work and for children you have to pay her the maintenance 

Raajeev Sampat. (Self employed.)     26 June 2013

She has admitted on forums till to date that she is happy working for the m.n.c.which i have a record.Her last statement was in december 2012 with me which shows her salary credit.Is that fine.

Ranee....... (NA)     26 June 2013

.. .. what forum?

Raajeev Sampat. (Self employed.)     26 June 2013

She has posted on facebook that she is happy working and in the latest counter to my amendment petition she maintains she is employed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register