Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A.S. Bhatti (Manager)     12 November 2014

Alimony amount in void marriage

Hello Members,

I got marriage to a muslim girl with Islamic rituals WITHOUT CONVERTING my religion. After 3½ years of marriage due to disputes we decided to divorce each other. But just before divorce she started threatening that she will file an FIR against me and our family for Domestic Violence, Dowry etc and demanded 15 lacs. Because my job is out of India and I can't take leaves frequently and also didn't want my parent's to face further problems because of her behavior I decided to pay her what she demanded. And finally it was settled on 7.5 lacs and some other items which I paid at the time of Talak (by Islamic ritual saying Talak, Talak, Talak thrice in presence of two muslim witnesses).

Then I applied in family court for decree of divorce where judge declared this marriage VOID.

Now my question is, in this case where my marriage has been declared void by the court, can I take back the money and other items which I had given her at the time of Talak.

Under which law and section I can file a suit for this. I have proofs that she threatened us to get this money.

Kindly help.

Thanks and regards

A.S. Bhatti

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     13 November 2014

Dear, Better not to take bcoz once claim ur money, she will file class cases on you. False cases do not require valid marriage. Just keep a record that u paid money and witnesses to the talaq. Kapil chandna adv, 9899011450

A.S. Bhatti (Manager)     13 November 2014

Thanks very much sir.

Thanks very much sir.

Thanks very much sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register