Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Anand (Trainee)     09 November 2014

Alimony

Hi All,

My wife has gone to her parents home within 2 months of marriage (to apply for further studies) and when we started to insist on her returning to matrimonial home she applied DVC & 498a with all false allegations (after 6 months she stayed at her parent's home).  In each and every court document she has written different false allegation opposite of earlier court document. She started with bargaining of 40 lakhs as alimony for full & final alimony. The start dates for 498a case hearing in CMM courts is  fast coming soon. Her lawyer has come down to 5 Lakhs now after they lost many cases in high court in last 2 years. Should I agree for paying 5 Lakhs as full & final alimony for mutual consent divorce? or should I still continue to fight this case in court. 

Few relatives are suggesting to buy peace of mind for my entire family by agreeing for the full & final settlement of 5 lakhs.

**Prior to this marriage, my wife has collected 10 lakhs from her ex-husband in her first divorce settlement similarly. I am her 2nd husband/bakraa of her. She did not inform me of her past marriage details.

Regards,

Rajesh

Learning

7 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     09 November 2014

Dear, Better pay and buy the peace of mind. Adv kPil chandna, 9899011450

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     09 November 2014

Hi Rajesh Anand...

I am exactly in the same situation as you are and I have decided to fight.

We can earn money even if we loose lot of money in our legal battle.

But let us not give even single paisa to the other party.

Please fight till she quits or you win.

No other woman should never ever even imagine of doing like this again.

Let us set an example.

Rajesh Anand (Trainee)     12 November 2014

@ Kapil Chandna: Thank you for your advice.

@ Prasad: If I was alone in this fight I would have fought this legal battle until end. But Im having 2nd thoughts because my parents are pulled into this issue n they have to suffer across years too along with me. It is lot of mental stress for them. Im more worried for them. 

Thank you

Raj

DV victimmmm ( )     12 November 2014

if you can pay the money easily, just pay it.Take care of yourself and your parents first.keeping your own life on track is more important.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Rajesh Anand

Hi All,

My wife has gone to her parents home within 2 months of marriage (to apply for further studies) and when we started to insist on her returning to matrimonial home she applied DVC & 498a with all false allegations (after 6 months she stayed at her parent's home).  In each and every court document she has written different false allegation opposite of earlier court document. She started with bargaining of 40 lakhs as alimony for full & final alimony. The start dates for 498a case hearing in CMM courts is  fast coming soon. Her lawyer has come down to 5 Lakhs now after they lost many cases in high court in last 2 years. Should I agree for paying 5 Lakhs as full & final alimony for mutual consent divorce? or should I still continue to fight this case in court. 

Few relatives are suggesting to buy peace of mind for my entire family by agreeing for the full & final settlement of 5 lakhs.

**Prior to this marriage, my wife has collected 10 lakhs from her ex-husband in her first divorce settlement similarly. I am her 2nd husband/bakraa of her. She did not inform me of her past marriage details.

Regards,

Rajesh

Dear Rajesh:  Dont feel like that, each of the men who got married and are facing legal battle are all bakras only, you are not alone. :-))  :D:D:D

If she has agreed for 5 lacs, then nothing like it, arrange money and give her, you will be saving lot of time.  In 2nd standard they used to teach, Time is Money.  If Time is lost everything is lost, so somehow arrange for that 5 lacs, if possible sit for bargaining, try to lessen the price for your freedom, she tell 5, you tell 2, she settle for 3 lacs.

Dont listen to those who ask you to fight cases, that will be waste of precious time. well, if you dont have any good work to do, you can roam to court for next 7-8 years.

All the best.

Rajesh Anand (Trainee)     19 November 2014

@ DV victimmmm: Thank you. My friends and relatives have been very supportive. They are willing to loan me this amount. So I guess I can pool up this amount by then.

@ Helping Hand!: Thank you. My wife has been cheating on me many a times. I just hope my wife sticks to her decision for mutual consent divorce atleast this time and we go ahead with this divorce as planned. If not for a happy marriage....we would atleast have a happy divorce to cheer. ;)

Regards,

Anand

Rajesh Anand (Trainee)     03 November 2015

Thanks all dear friends here for your good advices.....

I never attended even one session of DVC & 498a until now since I have taken stay right from beginning (both for my parents & myself). My local lawyer friend updated me latest status after every hearing. 

Finally after more than 2 years, my wife's lawyer has requested to cancel the stay in high court so they could quash their DVC & 498a and proceed with MCD on my conditions. My DVC & 498a quash is already done and my MCD is being processed. 

My special thanks to my parents, friends & close relatives who were a pillar of support and stood strong in the hardest of times supporting my family. I am much stronger person and cherish the family bonds more today. It would not have been possible without ur support. My heartfelt thanks to you all.

Cheers! smiley

Anand

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register