Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alcoholic husband (officer)     01 August 2022

Alcoholic husband

My husband is in Army and he now drinking of lot of alcohol. Since 5-6 years he is driniking a lot. He stay at his workplace but while returning back or going back to service he stay in hotel but drinks a lot. Lost his phone 2-3 times, make lot of hotel bills. His parents are good and feel ashamed. I am her wife but suffer a lot as his behaviour has changes, arrogant, he get irritatted to small things. I dont earn anything right now and depnd on him. He dont do any violance but overall this making our marraige suffer. Any way i can give him notice or warn or do some agreemnt so that he will well behave or atleast fear that he may loose me. Last thing if i may leave or put case he may be leave job, or suicide or become pycho as he is too much addicted to alcohol. Pls suggest me way forward


 5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 August 2022

  • Call Drinkline. A national alcohol helpline. Calls are free and completely confidential. Call 0300 123 1110 (weekdays 9am-8pm and weekends 11am-4pm)
  • Contact Smart Recovery. A charity that promotes addiction recovery through meetings and online resources, including online meetings. Visit

Shashi Dhara   01 August 2022

File suit for maintenance .

Alcoholic husband (officer)     03 August 2022

Will notice serve purpose?. I know addiction will not go easily but i feel very uncomfortable when he is home becuse of his alcholol habit. His behave good when not drink but very much probelm when he drinks and this is happening since 5 year i would say. If i send notice for maintainec either he will be complete out of control or may leave job becuse he is coward. i am really in big dillema. pls suggest.


Also if i file maintaince then how much day court will take to grant me monthly maintiance becuse i am not earning and have two kids thier education

Shashi Dhara   03 August 2022

Yes You can issue notice and wait for reply .

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 August 2022

You can submit your grievances and ask for help to the commissioner, Women and child welfare department in your state. the department officials will certainly help you without court cases and husband harrassments.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query