LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohd bilal maqsood (me)     27 June 2013

Airtel harrasement

Whta Should i do in this matter

I had a land-line and broadband connection with airtel for the past 3+ years and always paid the bill on time, (0755 - 4225937) things got messed up when i shifted to Hyderabad and opted for shifting of land-line connection, i had to register two times for shifting, wasting 2 weeks then also i had to inquire myself about the availability with the local line men which was not available , after that i had to call customer care to further process for cancellation from the date when i placed for shifting of connection and the bill be sent on prorata basis instead the complete bill was processed and i was made assured that when cancellation department persons will call they will do it on prorata basis 


no contact has been made to me since then only once i received a call from home town Bhopal for bill payment i said i will which as per my calculation on prorata basis is rs 1500-1600 only not the bill for the whole month i.e. 2100 he said he will see what can be done when i tried to describe what all problems i faced with the services he disconnected the call this was 1 month back,  


today i received a call from 9571118931 saying he is calling from Delhi hazari court and i have to appear in court in the case filed by airtel for non payment of bill of rs 2100 when i tried to ask the details and said this is not fair practice by airtel i will go to consumer court he replied in abusive and harassment tone saying specifically " tu kutch nahi kar sakta tere pass noc nahi hai samjha , tujhe dekh lunga mein " and similar language was used more and then it was disconnected.    


 6 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     27 June 2013

this is a tactics used by the companies to recover their dues. have you received any letter/summons from the court in writing for the appearance in the court?????

you may call on the below number for legal assistance.



Advocate Rohit Dalmia



Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     27 June 2013

this issue is very common to every person who does not pay to the company and the company will assign to the recovery section they act as if they have filed a case and you has to attend next day or pay the amount right away near your compnay counter or else the court will take action against you in a very harsh manner and we think that why to face such legal problem and we go and pay the amount 

only recovery section will use such harsh words and not any lawyers who filed cases even they use very decent language to their clients and also opposite clients so do not worry if you receive any such call then you say that you have faced a lot of problem and you have alread filed a case in consumer forum so the company receives summons come and face the court directly not on phone 

Ayush Maheshwari (Senior Official)     27 June 2013

need not to woory about the same.

I have faced such issue with the reliance company. call was recieved from tiz hazari court new delhi after non payment. Next time if u recieve call abuse them brutally and if mater goes beyond, approach aritel grievance, obusdman, and finally consumer court

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 June 2013

You are being subjected to a drill to recover inflated amounts. 


The cancellation should be done in writing.

It is seen that Airtel RO etc do not provide any cancellation form or acknowledgment of transfer or cancellation and usually ask the customer to note down the transaction number on piece of paper.

It is not a fair practice.


You may stick to facts i.e. you had asked for transfer on dated………………………and  it was not transferred till dated despite representations on dated……………….and dated…………


Since connection was not transferred it was never used and hence there can’t be a bill……………


Why should run after the line man when there are so many choices in market.


The best thing to do is deny them business.


You may take a crowd of well wishers to local RO of Airtel, give written complaint under proper acknowledgment, and make the BM call this court guy and drill sense.


 This is what they deserve.

Submit the facts to MD, Chairman, Company Secretary of Airtel (obtain contact details from website) and also to Nodal Officer/Appellate Authority with a copy to Chairman TRAI and NGO’s as per list on TRAI website.


You may record threatening calls and lodge police complaint and make local BM a party. You can tell this court guy that you will see him in court.

He is a recovery agent impersonating as employee of court.


Most probably his phone number would be  fictitious.




U are advised to write a complaint to Airtel's HO. If U do'nt receive proper reply send the complaint TRAI or U may file a case before Consumer Forum.


Give a notice to Airtel State office then to the H.O. Then go to consumer court. For Rs.2,100, I do not think anyone in India will go to cout. They are emply threats. Either go to consumer court or ignore what they say till you get a notice form court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register