LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Parmar (Accounts Manager)     07 March 2011

Agriculture Property

My Grandmother has TRansferd her Agriculture Land in 1999 in my Name after taking NOC from her Both sons (My Uncle & Father). I am enjoying all the rights since then. the 7/12 Utara is also on name, I have also taken a Kisan Credit card (Farm Loan) from the Bank & renewing every year since 2004,

Now Suddenly my Grandmother wants the land Back, she says that as I am looking after her, so she claiming the land back. Actually I am looking after her, but as the Property's rate has increased, my uncle's sons want some share from the Agriculture Property.

So Can my grandmother claim the LAND Back, it is in Gujarat. We have made NOC from all the 3 Persons in 1999 that they do not have any objection for Transfering property in my name. The NOC was from Gandmothet, my Father & my Uncle. all the Documents were notarised in the notary in Mumbai & same was given to Collector Office in GUjarat in 1999.

As I do not want to go in court cases as I am working in Mumbai, and is any kind of settelement can be made.

As lots of people in our village says, she can claim back when she goes to collector office.

Can anyone help me on this,


 1 Replies

K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     08 March 2011

My dear friend,

First) Any Immovable property transfer should be by way of Registered deed in Sub Registrar Office under Registration Act. Settlement deed gives you rights immediately.  Will gives rights after her death.  All this is if the land is qcquired by herself.  Notary may not be suitable in your case.

Secondly)If the property is ancestral, along with her others like sons dauthters also got right. You might inclued them also in your settlement deed as parties. Instude of geting NOC letters from them. They got no value.

Thirdly) If She got no other property except this even courts confirms her revicovation of settlement. Though it is registered.  I do not know whether in that state Revunue Official got that that power.  May be will be in favour of old woman. 

Finally) It may be advisable to compromise the thing.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register