Agriculture land gift in karnataka

Hi All,

I have a query on Gifting of Agriculture land which is in Bangalore, Karnataka. It is been brought under my Father's name, now if he want to gift the same to me, can he gift that to me (I am not agricuturist by profession). If he can gift what is the procedure and legal documents that are required so that land can be transferred in my name.


First make sure that whether RTC stands in your father's name.  If RTC bears your father's name even you can also be consider as a Agriculturist. [even though you are not doing agriculture by profession, you will be consider as agriculturist].  Your father can gift the property in your name, this can be done before jurisdictional sub-registrar office.  First meet an advocate to draft the Gift Deed, rest your advocate will take care.  you have to pay some stamp duty and registration towards gift deed.[  it will cost you approximately 1000 to 2000 rs] 






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x