Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sridhar Byle (NA)     14 October 2014

Agricultural land sale in karnataka

I have purchased an agricultural land in Karnataka. Mutation is completed and Khata/Pahani/RTC is now transferred to my name. However, the seller is now claiming that his legal heirs haven't signed on the sale deed and hence the transaction is not valid. Please educate me on how to deal with this situation. Thanks.

 2 Replies

B.T. RAVI (LEGAL MANAGER)     14 October 2014

A. What is the nature of the property ?

B. If the property nature is Self Acquired, no legal heirs consent is required.

C. If the property matter is Ancestral or Joint Family Property, consent should be considered subject to analysis of the  property.

Sridhar Byle (NA)     14 October 2014

Thank you for the quick inputs. How do I get to know if it is ancestral or self acquired? Do I need to apply for the mother deed through the taluk office? Please advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query