FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shyamsundar Karkun (Director)     13 August 2010

Agricultural land dispute

My mother has has transferred agricultural land to me as investment was made purely by me, when she was in death bed that time one of our family member has made an application to the Revenue dept when she was alive to transferback the land aswell as challenging the transfer now she is no more she expired in December 2009 at the age of 87 everytime only dates have been given suppose if comes for hearing whatwill be the status of the case. As this is not the ancesteral property, pl advise. 


 6 Replies

Chirag Bhatt (Lawyer Gujarat High Court)     13 August 2010

Kindly  describe your case properly.

1 Like

manpreet (n/a)     13 August 2010

hi i am manpreet from faridkot, currenlty living in australia. my problem is related with land ownership being created by my sister in law and her husband from time to time. actually, my father and his brother(my uncle) are sharing ancestral land in faridkot city. now the son and daughter in law of my uncle(as mentioned above) buy a lone of 30 lakhs rupees on the shared land without the consent of my father. my father and i come to know about this after a year. it was really shocking for my family. as how could my brother and his wife could take a loan on shared ancestral land without the signature and informed consent of my father. i am really confused now and donot know what steps to follow. do u recommend that i should start a legal procedure against them with reporting an FIR or 420 case against them in police station. if not could u plz guide me appropriatly through this. thanks

Rajeev Rao Gautam (SSE)     13 August 2010

Hi Chirag,

This is Rajeev I would like to share my problem with you. We have two property one is in favour of my father (fully owned occupied and self made) and another one is in favour of my mother (fully own occupied and transfer by my Nanaji and Naniji i.e. Parental property). We are two brother and 4 sisters. My elder brother is not too good. He wants to take full property share from my father’s property and wants to take 50% share from my mother’s property. Even my father already sold first property and purchase new property in different location and made WILL in favour my brother and my brother’s wife. I don’t know the location of new property. My father already disown from whole property. But my mother is in favour of me and she made WILL in favour of me (25% share) and my 3 sisters (25% each).  Also she is ready to make Gift deed in favour of me. I have no issue with my mother. But I have doubt with my father and my brother. Every day my brother gives me threat I will not give you whole property of mother. If you want u can taken 50% share from mother’s property? My mother dislikes my brother’s attitude. She says u can take only one property either u can from my side or from your father’s side. One more thing he is staying on my mother’s property from last 10 years and he does not want leave that.

So I would like to know how I can overcome form this problem as I am professional and I have not much more time to making unavoidable circumstance for my brother. But he is ready to provide me lot of problem. Can my brother claim my mother’s property?

Please suggest..


Rajeev Gautam      

1 Like

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     14 August 2010

U ask question for your solution so, Kindly  describe your details for this case.


Shyamsundar Karkun (Director)     14 August 2010

The case is very simple the investment is made by in my mother's name as she did not had any income except family pension of Rs. 1000/-approx per month.She on her own transferred the land in my name where the question of consent from other siblings arises.This is as simple as imy investment on land made by me should get back. Thanks a lot for giving suggestions.

Simran (none)     14 August 2010

Originally posted by :Chirag Bhatt
Kindly  describe your case properly.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query