LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

geeta (none)     23 January 2014

Agreement to registration

Hello,  I have a question on getting the agreement of land to registered land - in Karnataka.  

I bought agricultural land of ~2.5 acres back in 2010. The seller got road access to this property in the form of an "Agreement Letter" with thumb prints and witnesses -, duly notarized,cut  from a neighboring farmer's field.  This said road is about 63 cents in area (9 feet wide),  

This Agreement Letter is in the seller's name, and shows the amount paid and gives complete ownership to my seller.  Everything seeming fine, I didn't pay much attention to registering it in my name.  Now the said farmer is trying to get me pay him more money using the fact that it is not registered in my name.  

My query is, can I go to the registration office with the seller and the said Agreement Letter and get the road access land registered (not just agreement transferred) in my name without the signature of this swindler third-party whose land has been already paid for?  And is it a normal registration process?  

Learning

1 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     23 January 2014

Now the old agreement is of no value, u have to take this farmer into confidence to get way for your property,by going for a registered deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register