LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirmala (N/A)     26 October 2009

agreement bond breaking

Legally signing of agreement is banned in s/w companies. By why do some companies even now follow up for signing the bond and what if we don't follow up with it(i.e. if i break the bond)My hubby had signed up for a company and he had to quit it in a month  as it was out of state(different place) and could not get adopted to the place. But the company had sent him a notice saying him to pay some amount even though they did not pay him for working there for one month. Is it legal? Can we file a suite against them?

Learning

6 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     26 October 2009

Nirmala ji, If you have signed for an agreement, then, it means that you have read it properly and understood the terms and conditions therein. So, whtever the consequences, those should be in accordance with that agreement. There must be some clause in the agreement for resigning also, and your hubby might have not followed the procedure. How can you sue the company now? Please read the terms and conditions of the agreement again.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     26 October 2009

Yes, company can sue.

Feroz M Shafeeque (Police Officer)     27 October 2009

If executing bond in company is banned by any law, the agreement is not valid.

Based on an illegal agreement they cannot sue your husband.

Why do you want to sue the company? Let them take the course of law first. Let us defend it.

Ignore the notice if you are sure that what company has done is illegal(by executing a bond). Do consult a local lawyer or service consultant for accurate info.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     28 October 2009

After the IT boom, all companies got the bond executed. It is worded in such a way as if they are spending money on providing training and its cost will be recovered via bond if the candidate quits before a certain period. 

Notice period is quite different.

sanjeev kumar (IT)     22 January 2011

I have join a IT company in mumbai and company has ask me to sign 1 yr
bond of 1 lac amount and i have work only 1 week but due my medical
condition is not good so i have left the job without informing them so
i want know that what possible step will company take and what
should i do in this case.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     22 January 2011

It is not true story.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register