LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

neeraj (adts)     17 April 2012

Age limit for registration in bar council

sir, i am working in defence force. and studying in LLb ...is there any age limit for registring as advocate in bar councils / or say maximum age limit is 30years of age, as one of my friend told me..   i have completed 29years of age . if , yes , then is there any relaxation in age for defence forces employee/ Ex-servicemen for age limit in registration?????????

Learning

11 Replies

P N V Krishnan (Advocate)     19 April 2012

As of now there is no age limit. I  have registered myself  in 2011   after passing LL B and  passing the Bar Exam in June 2011.I am 67 years old now.Please dont worry.Go ahead. Good Luck

1 Like

Gorimaa..B (Law Student)     24 April 2012

yes there is no Age limit....I agree to krishnan sir.

Priteshkumar (Advocate)     01 May 2012

you r stident of law. therefore dont rely on any ones(friend) suggestion, read books, find solutions. i think u r asking a person who is unkon to this field. so dont repete this mistake again. only ask to expert of concern field.

abhinav3060 (lawyer)     03 May 2012

there is for sure an age limit of 30 myfriend for llb and for ballb 5 year progs  limit is 20 years ,

and obc lilit is 22 years and llb limit id 35 years

Veeresha (Nil)     05 May 2012

Hi,

I am working in private company and my age is 41. I want to do law course and practise as a lawyer. I request you to help me in knowing the followings.

1. Is there a upeer age limit to register in bar council and practice as a lawyer?

2. Is there a upper age limit for admission to 3 YEAR LLB?

harkesh mohan (DIRECTOR)     11 August 2012

My age is 44 and want to appear in LLB enterance Exam. I am teaching professionals (CA/CWA/CS)  for last 17 years in Haridwar.

Please guide me about above situtaion

If it is possible from any state  within India,  please mention.

(M)  9152364303

Harkesh Mohan

ACME COMPUTERS

612, Avas Vikas

Haridwar

K.R. Krishnan (Service)     19 November 2012

Dear Sir, I am 36 year old. I want do LL B. Could you please guide me? where did you do your LL B?(Regular/Correspondece,... whether correspondence available?). Thanks in advance...

DEEPAK RATAN PATIL (SERVICES)     07 December 2012

The Bar Council of India (BCI), which governs standards of legal education in India, introduced the maximum age limit criteria for these two courses in Law -

1- 20 years age limit for the five-year LLB course

2- 30 years age bar for the three-year LLB course

Saradamani (None)     21 February 2013

Dear Sir,

I am interested in pursuing law but do not know the colleges that have no age limit.

I would really appreciate if you could share information on colleges that do not have age limit.

Looking forward for your reply.

Regards,

Saradamani

m k sharma (area sales manager)     13 February 2014

Relief on age bar for legal education in Ajmer TNN Dec 14, 2013, 02.50AM IST Tags: MDS University|Governor|Government Law College|Department of Education AJMER: The Government Law College in Ajmer granted a relief in the age bar for pursuing law. The aspirants, who were earlier overage for the course, are now allowed to submit their applications by Saturday. There was heavy anguish and protest in the students, who had entered their 30s, when they were denied admission. According to sources, the state higher education department had a rule on the statute of Bar Council of India that said that in a professional law degree, students of age less than thirty years can only pursue the course. "They implemented the rule from this session and there was distress in students," said a source. The students gave a memorandum to college authorities asking them to give the students a chance to study. But, those authorities passed the bug to higher authorities. Then, senior advocate Yogesh Kumar Sharma took up this issue with the ministry of human resource development, the governor and the Bar Council of India. "At a meeting in August, the Bar Council of India resolved and clarified that clause 28 of the legal education, 2008 was withdrawn," said Sharma He added that the bar council withdrew the age restriction allowing colleges and universities to admit law aspirants in their five and three-year-long courses. "Several judgments passed by the high court emphasize on the right to education and this was made clear to the Rajasthan government and MDS University Ajmer," added Sharma. The higher education department lifted the age bar and asked the colleges to provide admissions to students without any discrimination based on age. "As per the order of our department, we asked students to file their application and have scheduled the last date as December 14," said officials of MDS University. Students rushed to file applications on Friday. "I was left with no option at the age of 32 and decided to pursue law. Now, I think I have got a chance to have a better life," said a student

Nallasami.V   29 November 2015

Dear Sir,

Is there any age limit for pursue LLB in Karnataka and become member in

TamilNadu Bar Council.   Is possible please guide what are colleges offering LLB without age limit in Bangalore.

Thanks & regards,

Nallasami

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register