30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

D V K KUMAR   23 October 2016

Against high court judgement

Dear Sir,

Kindly provide me information regarding following questions :

1). What is the time period for challanging Judgement of High Court (passed in a case of 482 crpc for quashing charges of 498-A IPC), before the Hon'ble Supreme Court ?

2). What is the nature of case for above mentioned quary i.e., Appeal or Revision or SLP ?

3). Kindly name with contanct number/address of few expert (learned) Advocate of Supreme Court who fights such cases of 498-A IPC

Your support is urgently requested.



 3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     23 October 2016

!) 30 day from date of order

2) Appeal

3) search LCI for expert advocate.

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     23 October 2016



Let me see if I can be of any help to you. 




Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 


Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     24 October 2016

THERE IS NO PARTICULAR PERIOD OF LIMITATION  FOR  APPELAS  TO BE PREFERRED  to Supreme court against criminal appeals of High court  for quashing section 498 /A proceedings. NO period  of limitation also AGAINST Cr.P.C section  482 APPEALS to Supreme court THROUGH SLP OR STRAIGHT APPEALS IN THE CRIMINAL PROCCEDURE CODE. NORMALLY WITHINA REASONABLE TIME An APPEAL WOULD LIE TO THE SUPREME COURT FROM HIGFHCOURT jUDGMENT IN AN APPEAL.of Criminal nature. For a Victim 60days time is provided u/s 372 Cr.P.C for preferring an appeal  against order of acquittal to supreme court from Highcourt in an appeal.

From Interlocutory orders  from the lower court Criminal Rvision  petition u/s 482 Cr.P.Cs is preferred.  After final Judgment and decree of the lower court(court o fsession) Criminal Appeal u/s 482  is preferred to the Highcourt . final Judgment  and decree   of the lower court gives right  to  appeal u/s 482 Cr.P.C to the Highcourt...(Inherent  Powers ofCriminalCourts).From this an SLP would lie to the supreme court seeking from the high court  leave to appeal to supreme court.

 Mr.Ram Jeeth Malani amd his son Mr.Mahesh Jeeth Malani are famous criminal law experts and  Practitioners of  the Siupremecourt. Regarding other famous experts of criminal law you surf the net.      

If you appreciate  this answer please  click the thnak you button  on this forum.             

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query