LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anshuman Aditya   12 May 2018

After relieving letter

Can a bank/company take any legal actions against any employee after providing proper relieving letter,NOC,No dues certificate and good & satisfactory conduct & performance certificate,if any finacial irregularity detected during his/her service tenure.

Learning

3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     12 May 2018

Without getting into other technicalities and conditions attached to such an action by the erstwhile employer, the answer to your question is YES.

Anshuman Aditya   14 May 2018

I was a employee in a bank(Let's say "A") from 2013 to 2017.Then I left the bank for another bank(let's say "B") with proper resignation process i.e. with proper NDC,Proper reliving letter,Good & satisfactory conduct & performance.

Now,I came to know that Bank "A" is going to take some legal actions against me for some financial irregularity,which took place in one of the branches that I have handled as branch head in 2014.As per bank "A" Finacial irregulaity is like

1)Some loan docs are missing.Extra loan amount disbursed without any document collection and loan enhancement.(Total 1 loan of amount 90 thousand)

2)Some vochers are missing for some loan amount transfers.(Total 50 loan accounts of total amount 95 thousand only).

3)A customer borrowed 3 lacs Rs from me and repayed.No complain from customer,But as per bank voucher is missing for that.

All above metioned transactions are done by my USER Id.

Now after 3- 4 years,minimum 3 inspection and audit has been done for that branch and I am going to be held declared responsible for that.

Now in this case,any actions can be taken by bank "A" against me,If yes what can be the solution for that.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     14 May 2018

If the Bank takes action, first it will issue Show Cause Notice to you givin complete details of the case and asking for your explanation.

Depending upon the contents of the show cause notice, you have to give a reply based on the facts.  You can definitely consult experts before giving the reply.

Presently that stage has not reached.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register