LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit   17 May 2019

After proving 498a case is false

My marriage sucks. My wife is very dramatic and has created several scenes in the past. After trying my best for 5 years, I finally left her and started living alone on rent.  When I talked to her and her parents about divorce then they started to threaten me that they would file a FALSE 498a case against me and my family and police will arrest me. They are asking for too much money (2 crore) for divorce and not filing this false case. I don’t have that much money so I have made up my mind to fight the case if they file a false 498a case. I and my family members never tortured her (mentally or physically) and never demanded for dowry so I know if she does file a false case then I will be able to prove in the court that 498a case is false but I know court will still not punish her even If I prove it is false which is unfair.  Can I file a mental harassment case (for intentionally harassing my family while she knew we didn’t do anything) and defamation case (of 2 crore) against her for loosing our reputation in our society due to her false case?




 4 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     17 May 2019

false 498a is one ground of divorce

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     17 May 2019

defamation case can be filled

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     17 May 2019

perjury can also be filled

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     18 May 2019

Just go for divorce on the ground of creulty and use all the evidence you have with you to prove her various acts of creulty towards you that is responsible for breaking the matrimonial home. Rest of the cases are waist of time and money in litigation.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query