Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Keerthi Dusa   14 July 2023

After marriage name changed

After marriage my full name changed,I'd, Adharcard,& Have gazzet certificate,I m preparing government exam what should I fill name in application form. I have caste certificate of maiden, so I'm applying in obc category, in document verification is applicable or not. What should I do. Pls reply


 5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     14 July 2023

It is your wish, you can use either your maiden surname or your husband's surname.  But it should be tallied with the Aadhaar Card etc.

Keerthi Dusa   14 July 2023

Adhard card have new name,  but legally changed my name . If I am applying for government job there is obc category, so what should I do

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     15 July 2023

You have changed your name but not your parental surname to determine your caste which would be as maiden.

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 July 2023

The name having been changed following the due process, you are required to apply in the name. During verification, old name in documents could be explained on the strength of the Gazette Notification and the Identification Cards with the changed name.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 July 2023

After changing your name through gazette publication you cannot use your previous name, you have affirmed in your name change application that you will henceforth be known as per my new name.

Hence it becomes pertinent that you have to use your new name alone for all purposes in future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register