LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MadhuGunavathy (others)     01 February 2023

After judgement as contested dismissed then can reopen the case in the same court

Dear Sir/Madam,

My civil case done last 20 years in principle district munsif court,  I am petitioner in this case . After  closed evidence stage then judge give a time for arguments stage. But both petitioner and respondent lawyer not attend arguments so that judge closed argument stage and give judgement as Contested--Dismissed in open court.  

Can we reopen the case in the same court ?  otherwise In how many days after judgement we need to appeal in District court. Kindly give your advice.

Thanks for your advice.


 4 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 February 2023

File an Appeal against the Jugment if grounds exist for appeal.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     01 February 2023

The remedy is to file for appeal to the District judge court within 30  days from order or judgment, and for high court the time limit is 90 days. However if you have grounds to challenge the order of Munsif court you can file appeal even beyond limitation period seeking condonation of delay under Sec  5  subject to reasoning the delay.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     01 February 2023

You can challenge munsif court's judgment by filing appeal before District Judge Court within 30 days from date of judgment.

Shashi Dhara   01 February 2023

Appeal immediately  in district court if appeal is in time if not with condonation delay application .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query