LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Goutham   23 July 2015

Affidavit stating the reason for change in place of birth


I am renewing my passport. I want to change the place of birth in the passport. I have the Proof of Birth(Birth Certificate) with me. The pasport office is asking for Affidavit stating the reason for change in Place of Birth. Please help me on how to get this done and where?? Change in place is within the state. Any specific frmat shared would be of great help




 5 Replies

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     23 July 2015

Please approach a Notary Public in your area.

Akbar Pindhara   24 July 2015

You have to mention in the affidavit "that my correct place of birth is ____ and due to inadverance while applying for old password i have wrongly mentioned my place of birth as _____ I think this will fulfill their requirement

Akbar Pindhara   24 July 2015

Inadvertence is wrongly typed as inadverance in the above reply

Sukh Sidhu   13 May 2022

hello there, is there a sample? 

Manish Tiwari   12 August 2023

Can you please share a sample for it ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register