Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alpesh (Officer)     01 April 2011

affidavit need for special marriage

Hello,

I got married before 1 year under 'special marriage act 1954'. (30 days notice period) I got the certificate of marriage from the court for this. I want to know whether I need to make affidavit to change my wife's maiden name or it's not required under the special marriage act.

If anyone has any idea about this, please let me know.

Thanks

adpatel33@gmail.com

Learning

4 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     01 April 2011

where do you want change your wife name ? where do you give any application ? whats your exact query ?

if you want change your wife name, you must give affidavit.

Alpesh (Officer)     01 April 2011

Hello,

Many thanks for your reply. I know that I have to affidavit if I want to change my wife's name.  I just wanted to confirm that if it is required even when the marriage under the special act?

I just want to change my wife's middle name where her father's name will be replaced by my name.

Anticipating your reply in this.

Thanks - Alpesh

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     01 April 2011

@ Author

An affidavity is basic requirement followed by News Paper insertion wherein you preserve along with header mast the said News Paper for furture legal usage.

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     01 April 2011

There is no provision in Special Marriage Act which address your concern. My advice to you is that first make an affidavit with effect changing of sir name, then got notorised it.Secondly make the publication in the local vernacular newspaper about it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register