LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mihir..... (Wealth Manager)     23 August 2011

Affidavit for flat transfer ?

I have become the member of the society, after my father passed away leaving behind a nomination form of the society assigning me 100% share in the flat. Now I need to change the name in municipal records as property tax bill is coming in my father's name. I also have a brother who is living separately.

Few told me to go for succession certificate, or a gift deed for changing the name.

But considering the capital gain tax aspect whenever sale of this flat takes place, I prefer to put the flat under co-ownership of my brother and myself. Someone told me that just a submission of an affidavit is sufficient to change the name in municipal records.

Please let me know if its possible that an affidavit is enough to change the name from my father to my brother and myself (co-ownership).

Thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

ajay sethi (lawyer)     23 August 2011

you have got the flat transfrred in your name . since your brother has no objected to transfer of flat in your name and is not claiming any rights over said flat . visit the BMC office and find out the procedure involved for getting electricity meter in oyu name . if necessary get a deed of renunciation of your brother in respect of said flat

ajay sethi (lawyer)     23 August 2011

sorry property tax bill not electricity bill

Mihir..... (Wealth Manager)     23 August 2011

I want the flat to be co-owned by my brother and myself. I want to sell the flat and divide the sale proceed between me and my brother 50-50.

Getting succession certificate is very expensive. Someone told me an affidavit is enough to change the name in municipal records.

gopinathan nair (General Manager)     06 September 2011

My daughter's husband deceased due to heartattach.  Flat is in his name and no nominee is mentioned in the documents of said flat.  HDFC Bank loan is cleared by my daughter. My daughter have two daughters. Is it necessary to transfer all documents of flats in the name of my daughter ?  If yes what is the procedure for the same?  The Association of theFlat is already transferred the name in the name of my daughter in light of Death Certificate and Affidavit duly signed by Notary.  Now Ahmedabad Municiapl Corporation, and Electrciity comp,any and Registrar of Company under NTC to be tranferred the documents in the name of my daughter.  What is procedure for the same ? Please guide me in the matter. 

gopinathan nair (General Manager)     06 September 2011

According to my knowledge first of all you have to make Affidavit duly signed by Notary shoing that the shares are transferred in your name. After that you have to produce the affidavit with xerox copies of shares to Municipal Tax office to transfer the name.  After that you apply to Electrciity Company to get your electricity bill in your name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register