LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anant Pasari   03 February 2023

Affidavit for different first name

I had bought some mutual funds on my mother's name and mentioned my name in the nominee in the year 1991. The first name I mentioned is different from the name I go by now. I don't have any proof of identity for that first name(middle and surname are same) I filled in the nominee section. Unfortunately my mother has passed away and now I want to claim those mutual funds. Can I make an affidavit for the same and claim it?


 2 Replies

Swarnim Tripathi   04 February 2023

in my opinion, the affidavit cannot be sole basis to claim such right over such legacy. there has to be some substance like affidavit of some witnesses and any document on which that previous name was registered like old school marksheets and any certificates used.

Shashi Dhara   04 February 2023

First try with nominee if they deny  obtain p and s certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register