30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divagar Michael   12 June 2018


I am 23 years old and i am having an affair with a lady who is 35 years old.. I have been in relationship for the past 4 years.. At starting i thought of marrying her and said that she also accepted.. But now my family situation is not that much good and i will not be able to marry her. But now She is saying to marry her now or else she will commit suicide.. Kindly guide me on this.


 2 Replies

Siddharth Jain   12 June 2018

Give a written complaint to the police in the police station of your area intimating them that your girlfriend is threatening you to commit suicide if you don't marry her. Also state in the complaint that you would not be liable if anything is to happen to her. For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com
1 Like

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     12 June 2018

Move out of the lady after collecting all your belongs lying in her possession. If she was threatening you to commit suicide if you don't marry her, record her statement, if she sends you message or emails about the same preserve these. The Police complaint made by you for the threats by her will not be taken in cognizance by the Police however the daily dairy receiving of the complaint you can keep with you for your defence in future.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query