Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     08 December 2009

Advocate's website amounts to advertisemnt?

The Advocates Act pohibit advovates from making any self advertisement, but with the new technological revolutinary some advcates have the privelege of having their own website. Does it amount to advertisement?

Learning

4 Replies

Anish goyal (Advocate)     08 December 2009

Aasumi sir there was news some 6 months before that advocate can own a website 4 advertisement. This was a notification by bar council of india i remember. But i don't know it exactly

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     08 December 2009

Thank you Anil, I will also try to find it out.

Shree. ( Advocate.)     08 December 2009

Dear Assumi Sir,

Resolution passed by the Bar Council of India on 30th April, 2008 (yet to be notified in the official gazette) to amend Rule 36 of the Bar Council of India Rules:

“RESOLVED that the following amendment of Rule 36 in Section IV, Chapter II, Part VI of the Bar Council of India Rules by incorporating a proviso in terms of resolution passed by the joint consultative conference be and is hereby approved”

“PROVIDED that this rule will not stand in the way of advocates furnishing website information as prescribed in the Schedule under intimation to and as approved by the Bar Council of India. Any additional other input in the particulars than approved by the Bar Council of India will be deemed to be violation of Rule 36 and such advocates are liable to be proceeded with misconduct under Section 35 of the Advocates Act, 1961.

Further click the below Link to read the article regarding the subject:

A bar on advertising for advocates in India under Advocates Act,1961 and Bar Council of India Rules”

by Trushil Vora on February 2, 2008

http;”jurisonline.in/2008/02/%E2%80%9Ca-bar-on-advertising-for-advocates-in-india-under-advocates-act1961-and-bar-council-of-india-rules%E2%80%9D/

Anish goyal (Advocate)     09 December 2009

Shree sir has done the job 4 us Assumi sir. thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register