LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adv Jaydeep A Tanna (Advocate)     09 May 2012

Advocate not returing client document


Subject - Grivances of Registered Advocate Member of Rajkot Bar Association




Respected Sir / Madam,


                                     I am ________________, age 36yrs, residing Mumbai, as my marriage took place at Rajkot, I therefore request to prepare Marriage certificate and provide required document, as Marriage certificate is very essential and basic need,so consulted  Advocate ______________, registered under, Rajkot Bar Association, Serial No _____address off "__________________________________ ,Rajkoat, Resi- ___________________, Rajkot, Mobile No- ___________, (without any email address),as practicing advocate under Rajkot Bar Association ,( as found from the list) .


My Grievances are as follow -


1) I had my Marriage at Rajkot on ____ November 2011.


2) Advocate __________ asked for document required for Marriage Certificate, which was provided to him, thereafter on 2nd December 2011 while returning to Mumbai from Rajkot by train name  Hapa Ten Sup Ex Train No 12998    at  last movement she requested me to sign three time on the Blank Bond document as  required to prepare affidavit, in present of  _____________________  with good faith and belief signed by me, three times on blank Bond Paper document as required by professional advocate.  


3)I reached Mumbai, after one month ask her about Marriage Certificate, she said work is in progress, thereafter she is to not received my phone, finally made call from another mobile number ____________ to his mobile number ____________ greeted her Birthday on dated 25th March 2012 and requested her to return Blank bond Document which signed by me in three pages,  agreed and took my Mumbai address to return such above said document but two month has passed, there is no reply nor receiving my phone call nor returning my document.


4) Practicing advocate ______________ has violated rules of Advocate duties, ethics, responsibility under advocate act.


5) I am having depression, mental harassment, with fear of misappropriate use of document, any misleading which may cost me loss,  therefore took advise from law student.


6) I therefore request Rajkot Bar Association , to call such above name practicing advocate, "Show Cause Notice" for answering  grievances, request Rajkot Bar Association  immediately to give Advocate __________ direction / order returning my document and blank Bond paper document with three pages signed by me on 2nd December 2011.


7) I also would have justification by  Rajkot Bar Association taking appropriate steps on such advocate, under Advocate Act.


 8) I found this is best remmides available to me, so that Rajkot Bar Association comes to know about practicing advocate member.

"Justice Delay is Justice Denied"


My Question this appropriate & best step taken by me, or should take other step.

Because Blank Bond signed by me in good faith & good belive to the professional advocate which may cause me loss. 




 2 Replies

Senthil Kumar L (Advocate)     11 May 2012


It is your mistake that you signed in blank papers.

You have a every right to get back the unused signed blank papers from the Advocate.

In your draft petition you are not requested the bar council to take up the petition and give necessary action but instead you ordering the Bar Association to issue show cause notice which may be re-drafted and the present draft petition is not attractive and convincing one.

However it is advisable to send a legal notice through another practicing advocate stating the above facts after that if you place above petition it is worthwhile.

Kindly approaches nearby practicing advocate who is known to you personally or by friends and tell your all facts and he will do the needful.  Don’t worry your certificates will be in your hands within a couple of months after taking the above action.

1 Like


send a legal notice to the advocate at rajkot pointing out the fault lines as stated above. if no response is received within 15 days, then send in your petition to the chairman of the gujrat  bar council

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query