Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hemant (Owner)     07 March 2015

Advocate for assurance of agreement

HI, Sir/Madam.

Case Backgroud

My father was a partner of a firm. On his seperation he was alloted a plot. As his share from the firm. 

We had the power of attorney for that plot, few years time as the rules changed the power attorney wasn't valid. 

Hence, we asked the current owners to sign us a new power of attorney, but was refused. 

The firm asked for an amount, in order to sign new power of attorney. 

I am wondering, if there is chance of engaging Police or Advocate, for assurance and implication of the agreement. 

Or if we should take this case to family court.  Or some other way which can speed up the process and get us quick solution to this case.

We would like to meet any advocate personally and get more clear advise.

I am based in Ahmedabad city, Gujarat. 

Also, i am british citizen, just wondering is there way i can bring some pressure on this case, being foreign citizen.

Regards

Hemant Shirkar

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     08 March 2015

Dear, When was the power of attorney executed and find the title of the property ? Thereafter you can get the property registered in you name as the owner of the property ..... By way of sale deed in your favour..... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     10 March 2015

This case is definately not meant for family court if your father has all relevant documents of that previous firm transferation it can help you to seek legal remedy first collect all document then send a legal notice

Jaideep Sasidharan (Legal Advisor)     10 March 2015

Dear Hemant, please be informed that u have to execute the POA at first, there is no chance of claiming the property before that.

was there any agreement made at the time of execution of the POA(check on that) 

or how can you prove that the  property is your fathers retirement benefit when your father retired from the firm.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 March 2015

You being a British citizen cannot claim any benefits for your father being an Indian citizen.  He has a POA deed in his favor, let him sell the property to you or anyone if the said deed has not been revoked as of now, after that let the owners sue or come for a compromise.  Ask your father to consult a local advocate and take his opinion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register