advocate fees

Dear Learned Members,

I filed a civil petition to get a probate on the basis of my father’s will. After about three and half years the case is still pending, and not challenged, even after total of about fifteen hearings. The lawyer has not been able to get a court order as per the will, and now, fed up by the delay, the lawyer and I have consented to pursue this at a later time and withdraw the petition for the time being.  

The lawyer is asking for a large fee in spite of not getting a result. What should be a reasonable fee for such a situation?

And how do I get back some of the original documents back from the court without his assistance?






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x