LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lucy   26 September 2017

Advocate extorting money

Hi, I would like to lodge a formal complaint against a lawyer name D P tripathi who works for Delhi high court and dusty courts. We had some Electricity dispute due to which my electricity was cut and we have gone to electricity office and where not to get it back and I have 2 kids also who are suffering because of this and we have been staying in a hotel for the past 1 month and more. We finally were told to go to court to file a case and we met this person in Darla court who said would get our work done by getting us a stay order and demanded that a fees of 25000 which we paid and since then this person has not done anything to n has wasted our time. First he has filed our application in the wrong court and everytime he calls us to court we had to pay court fees. He never calls us or updates us with the proceedings and finally after paying money on useless sessions we were told to go to high court. We were still in hope and now it's more than 10 days this guy has not done anything and every time we call him he has one or the other excuses.And when I asked him to give our money back so we can hire another good lawyer he said I'll do it and all but then when I started fighting he said he can't return the money. this is pathetic and unethical way of extorting money and making a fool of common people. I want to get my money back and stop his practices and so that he doesn't do the same thing to some other innocent people. Kindly help

Learning

9 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     26 September 2017

File a formal complaint against him for professional wrong and cheating client with Bar Council of Delhi as well the Bar Association of the district court where you met him and engaged for his services. An inquiry shall be initiated against him. Replace him with another lawyer for your case.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 September 2017

Hope you have posted what has actually happened and you have irrefutable evidence of everything that you have posted.

In that case you may lodge complaint against this Lawyer, as suggested above also.

Change and engage some very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in such/consumer matters and having successful track record.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 September 2017

Hope you shall take it positively.

Sarak par chalte huai Vakil nahi kiya jata. ( One should not engage a Lawyer while walking on the roadside)

Online portals ( jaise ki LCI) par Vakil ki mashoori pad kar ya budhe vyakti ki photo dekhkar bhi Vakil nahi kiya jata. Vakil karne se pahle poori maloomat karni chahiye.Galti aap ki hai ki aap jhanse me a gaye.

Aise kai log bakra ya shikar dhoonte rahte hain or bhole bhale prashankarta bakra ban jaate hain.

AiseVakil vakalat ke peshe par kalank hain.

( By reading at online portals like LCI and seeing advertisements showing picture of a very old person, One should not engage a Lawyer. One should inquire about credibility of lawyer and look into cases conducted and won in courts. You are at fault that you got allured and fleeced. Many persons become target and victim. Such Lawyer  are blot on legal profession.}

Kundan Kr. Singh (Advocate)     27 September 2017

I am agree with  Mr.Doab.Many persons are roaming in court premises wearingwhite shirt and black court this is a not an Advocate.Before engage Advocate know about then engage.He who seeks equity,do must equity.

(Guest)

Ur advocate Mr. Tripathi has committed misconduct for which he is liable to be proceeded against u/Section 35 of 1961 advocates act. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 September 2017

Thanks for agreeing Mr. Kundan Singh.

Fritz Lopez   14 November 2017

It’s the legal right of people as they may make complain against anyone who make misuse of its right. The routine matter allow for good outcomes in life. The source of order essays online is the needy one.

Helping Hand ! (Advocate )     13 May 2018

Originally posted by : lucy
Hi,

I would like to lodge a formal complaint against a lawyer name D P tripathi who works for Delhi high court and dusty courts. We had some Electricity dispute due to which my electricity was cut and we have gone to electricity office and where not to get it back and I have 2 kids also who are suffering because of this and we have been staying in a hotel for the past 1 month and more. We finally were told to go to court to file a case and we met this person in Darla court who said would get our work done by getting us a stay order and demanded that a fees of 25000 which we paid and since then this person has not done anything to n has wasted our time. First he has filed our application in the wrong court and everytime he calls us to court we had to pay court fees. He never calls us or updates us with the proceedings and finally after paying money on useless sessions we were told to go to high court. We were still in hope and now it's more than 10 days this guy has not done anything and every time we call him he has one or the other excuses.And when I asked him to give our money back so we can hire another good lawyer he said I'll do it and all but then when I started fighting he said he can't return the money. this is pathetic and unethical way of extorting money and making a fool of common people. I want to get my money back and stop his practices and so that he doesn't do the same thing to some other innocent people. Kindly help

First and foremost going to court was wrong.  This is a consumer matter and you should have gone to DCDRF Delhi and not to court.  Regarding the advocate who appears to you that he cheated you, he will aaaram se tell that for whatever fees you have paid, that much work he has done.  Because for lawyers there is no menu card rate for charges to handle a case.  They do all sorts of mann-maani.  You as advised by above people can simply lodge a complaint with Bar Association Delhi but CC a copy of it to BCI, secretary.  There too these type of people will be sitting.  Jiss chor ki complaint lene wala bhi ek chor hi hota he.  So nothing much will happen.  Your electricity is cut, now you have double trouble of filing complaint against Tripati advocate.  Which one will you follow up?  Difficult?

Best solution is approach DCDRF with your complaint about electricity cut.  There you wont need advocate to handle your case.  If you get chance to see that person again spit on his face, that will be your paisa vasooli.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 May 2018

Different person may have different  expectations from lawyers and different issues ;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Digital-will-vs-registered-will-178876.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register